Wednesday, January 4, 2012

DIY - Dip Dye Hair

I think this look is so hot and if I could I would so rock dip dye hair, it's so fun you can go bold with colour or you can make this look more natural with going a few tones lighter then your hair colour. The only reason I wouldn't do this because I don't want to dye my hair because I'm worried about damage to it, but if I ever get extension I would love to try this look on them.


WHAT YOU NEED

Hair Bleach (unless you have light blond hair)
Developer
Hair Dye Brush
Plastic Bowl
Gloves
Colour Dye
(if you don't know what colour dye to get you can get light purple which looks good on anyone)
PART 1

Put Gloves on. Follow instructions on bleach. Mix bleach with developer until you get an icy like consistency. Take a thick piece of hair maybe the size of 3 fingers and apply bleach carefully to the part you want to dye. Feather it out at the top if this is the type of look you want. Wrap that piece of hair in foil. Heat ends with a blow dryer for a few minutes. Make sure ends are fully bleached then remove the foil and rinse your ends.

PART 2

Now get your semi permanent dye and put a large amount into cleaned bowel. Apply the dye to your hair in generous amounts. Now take foil and wrap ends, and blow dry your hair again. Make sure you check the instruction to see how long you should keep the dye in for. Once hair has cooled, you may rinse your ends with conditioner.



photos from haircolorsideas.com,brokeandchic.com,rambletimesthree.blogspot.com. Collage by SheerBeautyBlog

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this look. I have an ombré on my hair right now from dark dark brown to a really light brown, and I don't think I'll ever have anything else. :P But yeah, this style is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cool!
    fashionvictim-shopaholic.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never do this to myself, it's just not my style, but i absolutely love and admire the girls who rock it so well!! I wish i had the guts to go bold :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this look! Thanks for the post! I just recently discovered you, I'd love it if you checked out my newly created blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you guys have too say, so please leave your comments but please refrain from follow for follow comments thanks you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...