Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Essie Cashmere Matte & Gel Setter Review

It's been a really long time since I reviewed nail polish and I recently have been getting back into doing my nails. I loved in the past doing my nails because it relaxed me and it was time that I took for myself. But life got busy and I stopped. I'm glad that I'm now getting back to doing my nails.

Recently I went to Shoppers Drug Mart and wanted to pick up a nude nail polish and top coat. I saw that Shoppers was having a sale on a few of the nail polish brands that carry so I decided I would purchase from Essie since I like the brand. I picked up first the Gel Setter from Essie because I like the idea of using this with none gel polishes and then I saw All Eyes On Nude and I just loved the shade so I bought this. It's a really beautiful nude and actually reminds me of the packaging of Kim Kardashian West makeup line that is coming out. 


Follow

The only positive thing I will say about this is that it made my nails super shiny. Otherwise I didn't enjoy this top coat. For me it didn't make my nail polish last long and actually chip within 2 days of wearing this. I was so excited for this product but it just didn't deliver for me. Essie describe this polish as everything you love in a gel polish but now in the form of a top coat, with rock hard shine and you don't need a LED Lamp. I however now use a LED lamp when ever I do my nails since I now have one.


Essie Cashmere Matte is apart of the Essie nail effects collection. In store I really liked the shades that are in this collection I think they are all beautiful, however All Eyes On Nude was my fave shade from the collection so I bought this. I recently have been loving nude polishes so when I went to Shoppers I knew I wanted to find a nude polish. I loved the dry time of this polish it dried so quickly. Since I have been wearing this it did start to chip maybe 3 days in of wear time as well my nails have a little bit of cracking in areas that the polish has chipped. The chipping only has happen to the side of my nails and currently isn't too noticeable. But overall it's not bad with no top coat I do expect this to chip within a few days. Thankful the cracking isn't really noticeable either.
Have you tried anything new from Essie?

13 comments:

  1. I have some Essie polishes that I picked up ages ago, but I agree, some of them are prone to chipping :) x

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have beautiful collection just wish they lasted longer

      Delete
  2. I love essie nail polishes but currently can't get it where I live. They are easy to apply but obviously are prone a bit too chipping. But this color is very pretty.

    Nathalie
    www.nathalie-alexandra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they always have such great colour. Have you tried buying Essie online?

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I'm always looking for more nude polishes! I really like this nude on your skin tone and feel like it makes your nails pop. Muted nudes are my favorite! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the color is stunning, but it's sad that it chipped after two days. I started to use a real gel top coat if I want the polish lasts for a longer time. Can't deal with the chipping anymore, haha.

    Michelle Morchella

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never tried any Essie nail polishes, but this shade looks gorgeous!
    Grace Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this shade!
    Lots of love,

    xx, Kris

    Check out my blog!
    https://dreamingofpink.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning shade, I love it on you! I cant pull off nude shades, they look horrible on me :(

    Erin || MakeErinOver

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh sounds like I need to skip trying that top coat! Thanks for the honest review. xx

    ♥ Carly Susanne ~ A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the look of that nail polish!

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Essie polishes and that shade is so me. I love any kind of neutral shades.

    Ann-Marie | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty neutral shade. Ellie polishes are so good. Cool post! :)

    http://www.lifeofardor.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you guys have too say, so please leave your comments but please refrain from follow for follow comments thanks you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...