Friday, February 28, 2014

GUEST POST: LESLEY'S TOP PRODUCTS FOR HEALTHY HAIR



Hi Kayla’s readers, my name is Lesley and I’m obsessed with all things hair. I talk mostly about 
hair care on my blog, Fresh Lengths, with a heavy focus on growing long relaxed hair. For as long as 
I can remember I’ve been a total product junkie, so I thought I’d share some of my favourite products currently which have helped me maintain the condition of my hair.


1. Moisturiser
My hair type is naturally dry which means it craves constant moisture. To give my hair that fix I like 
to use light products, which won’t weigh my hair down or make it too oily as my hair is a mix of fine 
and medium strands. My favourite leave-ins currently are Root2Tip's Triple M Miracle Moisture Milk 
and Mixed Roots Curl Control Leave-In Lotion. 

2. Conditioner 
As I can't use a huge amount if moisturiser I rely on deep conditioners to thoroughly hydrate and 
revive my hair. I've used a lot of great conditioners as I'm a product junkie but my staple for some 
time has been Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm. It's really thick and I don't need a massive 
amount to reap the benefits. It is on the pricey side as it's a salon brand but I've not found anything 
that compares! I've tried other products by Joico too and this particular product remains my 
favourite. 

3. Oil
I have a crazy amount oils which never get used for cooking. I love using natural oils on my skin and 
hair as they have so many benefits. I have quite an oily scalp, so I like to use oils most on my ends 
as a pre shampoo treatment. My favourite oil at the moment is Coconut Oil. I usually apply about a 
teaspoon to the ends for about 10-15 minutes and this helps prevent my hair from drying out during 
the shampoo process. Since I’ve been using Coconut Oil regularly my ends have stayed in great 
condition. 

4. Flat Iron
I don’t use heat often as I don’t want to damage my hair, but when I do I reach for my Coroliss flat 
iron. It gets my coily hair super smooth with minimal heat. There’s a temperature dial so you can 
choose how hot it gets and the plates ‘float’ preventing overheating on one spot of the hair. I’ve 
tried quite a few brands of flat-irons and this is without a doubt one of my favourites. 

5. Scissors 
I know it’s a bit of a weird addition to my ‘top’ hair products, but I could not live without my hair 
scissors! I cut my own hair and rely mostly on very small trims to get rid of any damage or split 
ends. I believe that the key to maintaining long or healthy hair lies in trimming when necessary. For a 
long time I ran from the scissors as I thought it meant my hair would be forever short, but since I’ve 
embraced them I’ve found that’s not the case at all.


What are your top hair products?

Lesley x

Thank you Kayla for kindly asking me to post on your blog

You can find me in these places:

Twitter: @FreshLengths

Instagram: FreshLengths


5 comments:

  1. I've really been wanting to try a good deep conditioner. I've enjoyed Joico hair products before so I may try the one mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starting my hair journey soon , will try out these products thank you :)x
    www.fashwithray.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kayla for posting! Also thank you Ray and Raye for commenting :) x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you guys have too say, so please leave your comments but please refrain from follow for follow comments thanks you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...