Thursday, April 11, 2013

Make Up For Ever Dark Raspberry 58 Matte Eye Shadow Review

 
 
 
I was lucky enough to be sent this eye shadow to review for you all from Make Up For Ever Canada in Dark Raspberry 58 and here is my review :) 
 
About The Product
From the Make Up For Ever website "This matte eye shadow is made of highly-pigmented pressed powder and comes in a variety of shades. It contains nylon powder, allowing it to be blended as desired. The result is intense and long-lasting. Since its diameter is the same as the powder blushes, it can be included in a custom-built palette."

Review
This is my first time trying an eye shadow from this brand and I have to say that it for sure will not be my last. First I'm going to talk about the packing this eye shadow comes in a sleek black compact slim enough to travel with that closes with a magnet. I like that it closes shut with a magnet I don't think any other brand does this for single shadows as well this shadow is also larger in diameter then other shadows I have tried. The only bad thing about the packaging is that the shadow number is included on the back but not the name of the shadow. Dark Raspberry I have to say is the most pigmented matte shadows I have ever tried in the family colour of red tones, this shadow is vibrant and highly pigmented. In the picture above I provided two swatches one without primer and one with. It's smooth, long lasting, easy to apply and not chalky, I experienced no fall out with applying this shadow to my eye lid. I also tried this shadow out as a blush as well for around 5 hours and again it was long lasting with out any setting spray and I didn't notice any fading of the shadow. I have to say because it's so pigment I think I put on a bit too much of it as blush but I wasn't expecting the shadow to be so vibrant. Make Up For Ever Eye Shadows come in so many other colours you can not only use there eye shadows as blush if you want but you can also use the shadows to contour. For example if your a really pale skin tone most bronzer are going to be too dark to contour with and so why not use a long lasting shadow a few shadow darker then your skin tone to contour with. Or if your skin tone is dark you might have problems finding bronzers because for you they might be to light, same thing as I said before use a long lasting shadow like Espresso 17 to contour with. Make Up For Ever also offers along with Matte shadows, Satiny, Iridescent and Diamond shadows.  
 
 
Price
You can purchase Make Up For Ever at Sephora
$23.00 CA
  $20.00 US
 
 Here is a makeup look that I did using this eye shadow, I love the way this turned out. I also used the shadow as blush.

 
 
 
 
 
Have you tried any Make Up For Ever Eye Shadows? 
 
 

 
 
 disclaimer: I was send this product to review and this in no way affects my thoughts on this product and I will always give my honest opinions on products or services I review. 
 
 
 


8 comments:

  1. I adore is color on you and it totally works as a blush!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely colour. I have something that is similar, cranberry by MAC. I find burgundy/red shades flatter darker skin tones :)

    Halima
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have cranberry as well but I feel compared to this shadow you really have to pack it on the lid with cranberry.

      Delete

I love to read what you guys have too say, so please leave your comments but please refrain from follow for follow comments thanks you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...