Thursday, June 7, 2018

Sunday Riley Power Duo Set Review

Today's post is going to be a review of Sunday Riley's Power Couple Duo: Total Transformation Kit. This has been on my Wish List for a long time and I purchased this set around the VIB sale that took place before the Holidays. 


These two are products that are expensive on their own so I'm glad they have this set year-round to try. The Good Genes Treatment is on its own $135CAD for the standard size and $200CAD for the value size and then the Luna Sleeping Oil is $70CAD for the size of the bottle that comes in the set which is 15mL or you can purchase the standard size for $135CAD or you can get the set for $110CAD.

Follow

First I will start off with the Good Genes Lactic Acid Treatment. This treatment is said to work for all skin types and will help with dullness, uneven skin tone, dark spots, fine lines, and wrinkles. First I'm going to start with the smell because reading the reviews online before I bought this a lot of people commented on the smell of the treatment. Someone even said it smells like rotten egg, lol. I don't like the smell as I think anyone who smells this would agree it's a very unpleasant smell. However, I feel it's something you can get over. For me, I don't think my skin liked the Lactic Acid because Good Genes kept giving me little breakouts on my face everytime I used it. I would stop using it and then give my skin a break and try again but my skin kept breaking out from. So I stopped using this product. For the time that I did use it with the Luna Oil, I notice plumped skin and radiant skin. I also like that the Lactic Acid exfoliates the skin and unclogs pores. I don't know if it made a difference in my pore since I was more focus on the fact that I was getting breakouts from this. I did read other reviews this also happened to other people as well.


The Luna Oil is also said like the Good Genes Treatment to work for all skin types and helps with pores, dryness, rough texture, fine lines, and wrinkles. Unlike Good Genes this has no strong smells. I really liked this product and notice that it helped with the texture of my skin right above my chin which is a bit rough. The Luna Oil can only be used at night and helped my skin to be more radiant. I think it did help my pores a bit to be less noticeable for the ones that are larger around my cheek area. Two - Three drops of the oil is all you need and the bottle has actually lasted me a long time. I don't use it every night and I did take a break from using it to see which product was making me break out before I started using it again. But in the time that I stopped using it, the roughness that I have right above my chin came back and I ended up finding a cleanser that actually helps with that problems. I like the Luna Oil and I would purchase this again however it would be the smaller size that I would get as I think $135 is a way too much for a beauty or skincare product.


Here are some products I want to try next from Sunday Riley.


Have you tried any products from Sunday Riley?

9 comments:

  1. I wanted to try both products since forever but the price deterred me. Thank you for your honest review though. xx

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted to try sunday riley skincare for ages, especially that luna oil! I definitely have texture issues and this sounds like exactly what my skin needs!

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so much about lactic acid treatments but never tried any! Will definitely have to look into it!

    xx, mel
    http://melinspired.com/laundry-room-transformation-reveal-bought/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like such a fab set and way to try the brand xx

    Gemma • Gemma Etc . ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, the Good Genes doesn't smell nice AT ALL. I didn't find that I broke out with it though, I'm sorry to hear that you did. I think the Luna Oil is similar to the Lapiz oil from Herbivore -- blue tansy, right? That's soo good on the skin. One of my faves. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review. These sound really lovely!

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. The price point of some skincare products can be a little shocking sometimes, for sure haha. Though having said that I'm using an oil at the moment that has a ridiculously high price tag, but keep repurchasing as it just works SO well! Hope you're having a fabulous week so far :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's too bad Good Genes didn't work out for you. I bought it from the last VIP sale but I haven't gotten to using it so I'm a bit nervous to try it out now.

    Stacey, thebambieyes.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been hearing a lot about Sunday Riley, I really need to try one or two of their products soon :)

    xx Alyssa | STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you guys have too say, so please leave your comments but please refrain from follow for follow comments thanks you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...