Thursday, May 31, 2018

Covergirl Melting Pout & NYX Powder Puff Lippie Reviews

Today is the last day of May, can you believe it? I feel like May has passed by so fast and too fast lol. Well, I'm back with a new review of two lip products that I purchased maybe about a month ago. Today I will be sharing in this post my reviews on Covergirl Melting Pout Gel Liquid Lipstick and NYX Powder Puff Lippie.

Follow


I went to my local drug store with the intention to be purchasing items that I needed on my shopping list and ending up purchasing these lipsticks. 





Of out the two, I like this the best. I feel like this is long lasting, it has a nice shine to it but not like a traditional liquid lipstick it is not matte. I find this to be long lasting but this does transfer when you eat and drink since this isn't a matte liquid lipstick. It's actually described as a Gel Liquid Lipstick by the brand. The applicator is a nice simple design, making the use of the lipstick simple and easy to use. For Covergirl Melting Pout the shade I picked up was shade 100 called Gelebrity. The colour of this is a perfect blend of a soft brown with a hint of pink. For me, this is a perfect everyday colour.



Now onto NYX Powder Puff Lippie, the shade I bought was Cool Intentions which like the Covergirl Lipstick this is also in the brown family of lipsticks with a hint of pink. Unlike Covergirl, this is a Matte finish and described by NYX to be a Powder Cream Lipstick. For me, it has a soft finish to it like a powder but goes on mousse like until it dries down. I personally don't like this as much as the Covergirl Lipstick as in the picture above you can see that the powder-like finish actually makes my lips look a bit dry and the applicator is a nightmare. Instead of product coming out at the tip of the applicator it actually comes out on all sides making it a mess when you apply the product to your lips. I almost always have to blot my lips to get the extra product off because way too much product comes out. I was actually very disappointed with this liquid lipstick in terms of the applicator and the way the product looks on the lips.


Have you tried any new release of Liquid Lipsticks from any rands lately?


Here are some lip products that are on my Wish List to purchase next



4 comments:

  1. That lipstick sounds so good!
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just reminded me of a NYX Powder Puff lipstick that I have. Gosh, I'll need to look for it and try it out.

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great honest review! I really love the shades of these liquid lipsticks!

    http://roadesque.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both colors suits on you.
    I never try this covergirl brand but seems interesting

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you guys have too say, so please leave your comments but please refrain from follow for follow comments thanks you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...