Sunday, October 29, 2017

Halloween Aaliyah Makeup Look PLUS Super Easy DIY Rhinestone Choker

So Halloween is next week and I know people have been going out this Friday and Saturday to celebrate but I'm sure there will be more celebrations on Sunday and the actual day of Halloween. This year I have noticed a trend a lot of people are dressing up as celebs, I've also seen couples dressed as Cardi B/Offset and Justin/Britney. Even celebs are dressing up as other celebs. Like Demi Lovato dressed as Selena and Kim Kidashian dressed as Cher, Madonna and Aaliyah.



I have done a Aaliyah look once before from her video Are You That Somebody but I have always wanted to this look from Try Again because it's one of my favorite videos and songs from her. I remember watching this on Much Music and BET and singing along. 

Not only I'm I going to show you this look that I create but I'm also going to make the easiest DIY choker ever!! It's super easy and took me less then 10 minutes. 

Follow


So first I will start off with the choker and how I made that. 

I first went to Forever 21 and bought a basic silver choker. This was $13.90 CA, then I went to Dollarama and purchase rhinestones that already had adhesive on them. The ones I purchase the whole row has adhesive this will make it quick and easy to stick on the rhinestones. However if you can't get this one that is fine you can always use a glue gun to stick down the stones. 


Next I peeled of the stones and placed them on the choker. Make sure you place the stones right to the edge. 




Once you have placed the strips of stones you are done! Super Duper EASY!
If you want to make sure the rhinestone don't move you can always use a glue gun to stick the stones down to make sure they don't move.

Now for the makeup. I would have filmed this in a tutorial for you guys but I film with natural lighting and the lighting wasn't working today lol it's so gloomy outside where I live.


Ok so lets first start with the base. I first primed my skin with an Urban Decay Primer. Then I applied the Fenty Match Stick in Suede in areas that I wanted coverage, which was my forehead, nose, chin and around the mouth. I also applied the Match stick as concealer and on top of that I put my regular concealer from Sephora Collection in shade #14. After that I applied my Sephora Collection MircoSmooth Powder in shade #56 to set.


For my contour I used the Fenty Match Stick in Espresso and then applied one of my favorite blushes Sephora Collection Passionate #23 Blush. Then I added a little highlight to the check bone and above my brow bone in Sinamon also from Fenty Beauty. I also added to my face some beauty marks that Aaliyah had one on my cheek and one above my brow, to do this I used my Lancome Grandiose Liner. Then for my brows I filled them in with Benefit Precisely My Brows & Gimme Brows both in shade #5.


For my eyes I primed them with Too Faced Shadow Insurance, then I used Makeup Geek (MUG)  Bake Sale and Frappe as base colours in my crease and a litle bit of Bake Sale I used on my brow bone. Then I picked up a little bit of ABH Azure and applied it above my crease. Next I used in my crease from the Fenty Galaxy Eyeshadow Palette  Moonlight Bolt, I placed it in my crease with a light hand. Next I went in with MUG Corrupt shadow and placed that in the inner and outer corner of my eye lid. Then I use Midnight Bolt again and placed that on my eye lid in the center. On top of that I then placed a little bit of Oh-Zone also from the Fenty Beauty Galaxy Palette. Next I used Midnight and Corrupt on my lower lash line. I also winged out Corrupt to create a winged effect. Then I applied liquid liner the same from Lancome on my upper lash line. In my waterline and on my lower lash line I placed MUFE Aqua Liner Pencil in Black. Then I applied a brow highlight for this I used Shimma Shimma from MUG mixed with a bit of MUG Confection

For mascara I used Perversion from Urban Decay and applied lashes from a brand called Fleek in style Sarana. The last step for this is lips, I applied my MAC Lip Pencil in Bittersweet and Liquid Lipsticks Ginger & Exposed from Kylie Cosmetics. Then to give the glossy look that Aaliyah has I used MAC Spite Lip Glass




What do you plan to be this Halloween or what did you dress up as this Halloween weekend?

11 comments:

  1. Cute choker I can't belie you made that. Would love to see the whole outfit next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a stunning makeup and gosh, can you believe it's been that many years that she's gone? I loved her and still do. :-(

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl you look absolutely stunning! This is such a cute choker as well!

    xx Lisa | lisaautumn.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the choker!

    Vanessa x | www.springlilies.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a halloween kinda girl but I gotta admit you killed this Aaliyah loo. Your eyeshadow look is just incredible and the choker was such a great DIY! - x

    Lavinya Royes - Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great DIY, nice makeup!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    instagram @grace_njio

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look amazing, such a great look for you! Try Again is such an iconic song and video!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you guys have too say, so please leave your comments but please refrain from follow for follow comments thanks you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...