Friday, September 15, 2017

Too Faced I Want Kandee Collection Review

I remember the first time I watched Kandee Johnson on Youtube, I had just got side swept bangs and I needed to trim them and I found her video on how to trim you side swept bangs. Ever since then I have been watching her channel for years. Now Kandee has come out with a sweet candy collection with Too Faced called I Want Kandee.


Follow

From right to left: Sparkling Cider, Pastry, Butterscotched, Sweet Toffee, Sugared Strawberry, Cream Puff, Frosted Pink, Hot Chocolate

Starting from Hot Chocolate, Sugar Plum, Raspberry Cocoa, Taupe Berry, Licorice Rope, Banana Cream Pie, Ice Cream and Whipped Cream.

These swatches where done using my finger and there is no primer base for the swatches.*
First I will start with the scent of the palette everything in the I Want Kandee Collection is scented. The palette came in a cute Chocolate Tin Box that is scented. I personally don't like the scent however it is in no way over powdering and I don't even notice the smell unless I put my nose up to the palette lol. 
The shades that I had problems with in this palette are the shimmer shades all but Sugar Plum, Whipped Cream and Sparkling Cider. The rest I needed to use my MAC Fix+ to help with pigmentation and application of the shade. and I found I had the most trouble with Sugar Strawberry this colour wouldn't apply well for me unless I wet my brush. As for the matte shadows I liked them and didn't have any trouble applying them and felt the pigmentation was fine. However I wish there was more transition shades in this palette as I feel some of the matte shadows can come off looking ashy on my skin tone if I don't mix them with another shade.

Inner corner highlight is Trophy Wife from Fenty Beauty but every shadow beside that is from the I Want Kandee Palette as well I'm wearing Freshly Baked from ths collection with a brown lip liner underneath.

  
Up next are the I Want Kandee Melted Matte Liquid Lipsticks in Topical Punch which is a neon pink and then Freshly Baked which is a rose pink. I personally really love these two shades. Tropical Punch is not an everyday colour but I really love the tone of this. I did have trouble when I would wear this alone it would crack on my lips, not sure why this would happen as I have other Too Faced Matte Liquid Lipsticks and they have never done this before. With Freshly Baked I didn't have this problem. Both are waterproof and applied to my lips with no trouble and feel comfortable to wear.

In this photo I'm wearing the I Want Kandee Palette and Topical Punch with Freshly Baked in the center.
Overall I think the shadows could be better, I'm disappointed with that and with Tropical Punch cracking on my lips. I did want to purchase more from this collection but I'm glad I didn't. I feel this collection didn't meet my expectation I had higher hops for this. I will still use this palette and the liquid lipsticks but I just wish that the collection was better in quality. 
Did you pick up anything from the I Want Kandee Collection?

12 comments:

  1. I am not the biggest fan of Too Faced and I think they are guilty of churning out too many collabs so I generally stay away from their products.

    Shireen⎜Reflection of SanityBurberry Beauty Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is maybe their 3rd with a beauty influence but I don't think they are putting in the same quality into the collabs like for example the shadows from the peach palette and chocolate bar preform well

      Delete
  2. Wow loving your eye makeup here. It looks beautiful x

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look your came up with. I haven't tried too many Too Faced Products but I just picked up the Just Peachy palette and love it! http://www.mrsqbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that they all matte palette I saw it in store it looks good :)

      Delete
  4. I just don't know.. maybe they need a lipliner or something. Too bad they didnt meet your expectations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's too bad. I will try your suggestion and try a lip liner.

      Delete
  5. This post is one of the reasons I LOVE about blogging - I never even knew this palette existed! I'm loving the shades - sweet toffee is gorgeous! You've pulled together a really wonderful look.

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Sweet Toffee shade looks stunning!

    xx Sofia | SOFIAADOT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought about purchasing this palette but i am glad that I didn't purchase it. That look is very pretty on you though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute collection im a big fan of too faced i have their original chocolate palette its so good!

    Andrew James - beautyandtheboy.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you guys have too say, so please leave your comments but please refrain from follow for follow comments thanks you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...