Thursday, June 20, 2013

FAR Botanicals Alcohol Free Cojoba Styling Gel Review

For the past week I have been trying out this product that I was so lucky to be sent by FAR Botanicals, I have never tried out a styling gel like this before. Click here to check out FAR Botanicals website for more information on their brand and the products they sell. You can also check out there Facebook page.
 
 
About The Product
Cojoba Styling Gel is a light coconut and jojoba oil base style setting gel. Which also functions as a moisturizing curl definer. Cojoba is formulated without Silicones, Plastic Polymers, alcohol, Mineral Oil, Propylene Glycol, Animal By Products, Artificial Colours, Oat, Wheat, Formaldehyde Donors or Parabens. Cojoba has 98% natural ingredients and is eco-friendly alternative to typical styling products. Jojoba oil, extracts of Bamboo, Linseed and Alcohol Free Witch Hazel help to boost the natural holding power with making hair sticky, greasy or flaky. The coconut oil in this product penetrates deep into the hair to increase its resilience and tensile strength. Cojoba also does not cause dryness and is light weight. Cojoba can also be used to detangle hair prior to washing.

How To Use
From FAR Botanicals website
FOR WET SETS AND SOFT TO MEDIUM HOLD:
On short to shoulder length hair, part hair into 2 or 4 inch sections using a quarter-size amount of gel for each. Increase amount for longer or very thick hair. The more product you use, a firmer hold will result. Cojoba™ is versatile and we encourage you to experiment to find the level of hold you desire. To avoid clumped hair comb product through strands, insuring even distribution. Once the product has been evenly distributed, set on rollers or otherwise style as normal. Use a dryer to shorten set time. After removing rollers, etc. lightly scrunch hair to soften if you find the hold to be too firm.

AS A CURL DEFINER:
On damp shoulder length hair, section hair into 2 or 4 inch sections and apply a quarter-size amount to each section. Using your fingers, distribute product evenly through each section being careful not to disturb hair’s natural curl pattern. Scrunch hair for greater definition. Lightly blow dry with a hood dryer or hand dryer with a diffuser attachment, or allow hair to dry naturally. If you find final hold to be too firm, simply scrunch hair to soften.


Review
I took picture of my hair at different times so you can see how my hair style held up though out my day, on two different days.
On this day I went out with my cousin to the mall, so I hair went through getting pulled on a bit when trying on clothes, which I have to say when I curl my hair and I'm trying on cloths in the mall my hair pretty much also loses a bit of my curls because my hair get a bit pulled on my the clothes I was surprise that this didn't happen so much with this product. In the picture below I didn't do too much on that day that would cause my hair to uncurl.
 

Overall I enjoy this product I think it smells great, its quick drying. Because this is a gel I was thinking that I would have to wait a while for this product to dry before I can style be hair but there was like not waiting time. From the time I put this product into my hair and comb it in, it was dry and ready for me to continue on in styling my hair. I believe this product has great hold and unlike a hair spray it leaves your hair soft and not hard. It's also easy to comb out at the end of the day and didn't leave any white flakes behind. Ever notice when you try to comb hair spray out of your hair it hurts or white flakes are left behind. I even ended up using this on my cousin and the first thing she said was this smell great, the next day I asked her what she thought and she liked it as well and mentioned it didn't dry out her ends which is a problem she has with some products.
 
Price
$18.31 CAN
$18.00 US
£13.49 Euro
R179.46 South African
 
 
 
Have you tried anything from FAR Botanicals before?
 
 
 
 
 
 

disclaimer: I was send this product to review and this in no way affects my thoughts on this product and I will always give my honest opinions on products or services I review.
  

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great review Kayla! We're glad you enjoyed using the product :)

    The FAR Botanicals Team
    www.farbotanicals.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a busy girl always on the run, I often don't have time to retouch my curls throughout the day.
    After trying this product I noticed my curls did not drop as fast, and I retained moisture into the next morning of having my hair curled.
    Would love to try this again! And it's not too greasy, so that helps
    ;P

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you guys have too say, so please leave your comments but please refrain from follow for follow comments thanks you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...