Wednesday, March 19, 2014

LIME CRIME LIPSTICK REVIEW & HOW TO SPOT A FAKE

Today I have a review on another Lime Crime Lipstick as well as a little warring about fake Lime Crime lipsticks.


About The Product
Lime Crime Opaque Lipstick in Centrifuschia is a bold pink lipstick the colour is bright and loaded with pigment.


Review
Centrifuschia is a fuchsia colour lipstick, this lipstick goes on nice and smooth. The texture of this lipstick I would have to say is creamy. I love the way this applies to my lips. This shade without eating or drinking last for a good amount of time before you may need to reapply. However it's not waterproof so you do need to touch up after eating or drinking. Overall I would rate this A+, I have two tone lips and this lipstick does a pretty great job at masking that. I think you can tell a bit that the lipstick does look a bit darker on my upper lip but it is not a big difference. 


Price
Available online from Lime Crime
$18.00 US


Overall
◦ Opaque Lipstick
◦ Texture of this lipstick is creamy
◦ Good amount of wear time before you may need to reapply
◦ Do need to touch up after eating or drinking
◦ Great job at masking the two different shades of my upper and bottom lip  




WARNING HOW TO SPOT A FAKE LIME CRIME
Below is how to tell a fake Lime Crime Lipstick apart from a real Lime Crime Lipstick. I bought my first "Lime Crime" lipstick at Imats sold by a vendor that was not Lime Crime and then months later I bought one from there website. At first when I bought the fake lipstick I thought to myself this looks a bit different from the website and I thought it was fake but I push that thought aside because I believed only really popular brands like MAC have people making fake lipsticks of the brand. I was wrong and I have stopped using the fake lipstick since I learned it was fake from a instagram post I saw about fake Lime Crime lipsticks being made in China and being sold.



Also note the fake lipstick is longer and slimmer then the real Lime Crime lipstick.

I hope this helps, I know there are some sites that sell Lime Crime and a lot of people buy it off of there because Lime Crime website quickly sells out of their products so it may seem better to just buy from another retailer. I would advise you to check Lime Crime site for a list of stores that are verified sellers http://limecrime.com/stores 


Hope this helps!


17 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't believe they sold the fake ones at a public event as IMATS. That seems so odd to me. But glad you found out and now got the real deal :)

    http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right because I pretty sure the vendor is aware that it was not real. It even came in the lime crime lipstick box as well so I didn't believe it was fake at first

      Delete
  2. Really lovely and informative review! I think this tone suits you really well. Wondering what it would look like on red lips, like mine naturally are.. Sometimes I use base colour/primer/foundation so I have "clean canvas" for any coloured lipsticks... :)
    And so nice of you to bring out whole this fake - situation, even though Lime Crime is unfamiliar brand to me (well I've been into make up for only a relatively short time, previously just bought whatever available locally). Some people are ignorant, whether it's make up or fashion, and may buy replicas even when they know they're fake! Such a shame, and rip off the actual entrepreneurs or designers.. At least I would be really sad and angry if my product was stolen like that. :/

    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I should try using foundation so I can have a clean canvas but I hardly wear foundation and if I do it's sheer coverage, but that's a great idea :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard much about fake Lime Crime...and it's crazy that you got it at IMATS and it ended up being fake!!! I've been trying to get my hands on some of their lipsticks for ages, but they're ALWAYS sold out!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think right now they have restock a lot of there items on there site :)

      Delete
  4. Love this review... Ive been stung by an ebay fake MAC lippy... think the main rule is if it looks to good to be true it probably is

    http://champagnelambrinibudget.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes...at IMATS :T I would definitely raise this issue with IMATS in general, so they don't allow them back in the future. Such a shame.

    I do like the colour on you though~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would but I don't remember the name of the vendor. It kind of wired because I bought other stuff from them from house of lashes and that was not fake and they were selling brands like elf and bh cosmetics.

      Delete
  6. I still haven't tried Lime Crime, but this fuchsia lippie is beautiful! Thanks for sharing how to spot a fake; can't believe someone got away with selling them at IMATS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The color is so amazing I didn't know they sold fakes of these! That's insane.

    doitfortheirony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really like the colour. It is pretty insane lol

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the post I am living in Toronto and these aren't found on ground. So I will have to ship, and Im happy you took the time to share so I dont end up with a fake.

    -Rozlyn P.
    http://thedaredbeauty.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome lime crime actually has a list of vendors so you can check that out I know there is one in Ontario but I'm not sure if they only sell there polish or there whole line, because I know that lime crime can't ship polishes to the Canada so they have a another site there customers can go to for there polishes.

      Delete
  9. Pink is my favorite color so I think I’m going to love this.
    xo,
    ~Pauline @ NYX Philippines

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you guys have too say, so please leave your comments but please refrain from follow for follow comments thanks you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...