Sunday, October 6, 2013

RiRi Hearts MAC Lipstick Review (Who's That Chick)

 Last week RiRi Hearts MAC was released online and the week before that is was release across MAC store in North America and then the following week release in other countries as well MAC counters. I decided that it would be so crazy at MAC that I would wait until Oct 3rd when it would be released at my local MAC counter and to my surprise it was crazy there too, I arrived 2 minutes after the mall was open and there was a line, lucky for me I wasn't to far behind in the line but I guess I wasn't lucky enough because everything I really wanted was sold out. I really wanted to get the lipsticks Talk That Talk and Nude, but within a few minutes they were sold out. I was only able to get Who's That Chick.   
 
 
 
 
About The Collection
From MAC "Rihanna premieres her perfect palette of fall colour - a range of decidedly daring yet classically gorgeous shades, finishes and tools, all encased in the metallic warmth of rose gold packaging. Lipstick in deep raisin, orange frost, creamy nude and the vivid red of RiRi Woo match gleaming Lipglass, while eyes in contrasting soft and smoky cocoas complement luminous skin."
 
 
 
Review
I have to say I'm not surprised that this lipstick didn't sell out fast since it is orange but I really wanted to get a lipstick from the collection so I decide I would give this a try. I have to say as a lipstick alone I don't think this it is not a flattering shade on me. But I think paired with other lipsticks this shade can be pretty. Who's That Chick is very pigmented with 2 coats it is also a frost finished. MAC describes this lipstick as a midtonal orange with frost. The frost is what I notice most about this lipstick and I think the frost can be nice paired with other lipsticks or glosses. Below are some lipstick/lip gloss combinations.
 
 
1. Who's That Chick with MAC Lip Glass Mall Madness to top.
2. Who's That Chick with MAC Lipstick Dare You on top.
3. Who's That Chick with MAC Lip Glass Strawberry Malt.
4. BH Cosmetics Toasted with Who's That Chick on top.
5. MAC Lipstick RiRi Woo outer lips with Who's That Chick in the center.
6. RiRi Woo with Who's That Chick on top.
7. BH Cosmetics Crème Luxe Lipstick Moody Merlot with Who's That Chick on top only in the center of lips.
8. MAC Lipstick Hang Up with Who's That Chick on top.
 
 
If you bought this lipstick and don't really know what to do with it try pairing this lipstick with another colour play around until you find a combination that works for you.
I hope this helps! 
 
 
Price
$20.00 CA
$18.00 US
 
 
 
What did you get if anything from the RiRi Hearts MAC Collection?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


10 comments:

  1. I too didn't really like the lipstick alone, but wow you found some great combos. I love #2, #5 and #8 most!
    Great post. Super helpful for some pairing ideas :)

    http://bigbeautybag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not a shade I like but I have to say it looks great where you've combined it with other colours, I really like 5, 6 and 7 :) at least it's versatile! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love how you swatched lots of lip combos with this color! I really like 5,6 and 8!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aaliyah, everyone seems to really like 5 so far :)

      Delete
  4. This was a really unique shade! It looks so lovely on you :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwh, I'm so jealous, they don't sell MAC here :c Anyhow, I love the combos you did, looks really good! :)

    Amanda, Mademoiselle Pastel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like 1, 2 and 4 combos. Thank you for the idea! I received it as a gift and only the Who's that chick doesnt look well at me.

      Delete

I love to read what you guys have too say, so please leave your comments but please refrain from follow for follow comments thanks you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...