Saturday, January 4, 2014

BEN NYE FINAL SEAL REVIEW

Setting spray is a great product to help make your make up last all day long. I have tried one other setting spray in the pass and sadly it didn't meet my expectations. About a month ago I picked up this setting spray from IMATS Toronto which is the Ben Nye Final Seal, I have wanted to try this for a while know. Enjoy the review :)

About The Product
From Studio F/X website "Final Seal keeps makeup in place, even when performers perspire heavily. Apply pre-makeup to retard perspiration, and over any completed makeup for a smudge-proof finish. Adds durability to air-brushed Liquid Paints. Alcohol-based with fresh mint scent. Use in well-ventilated area."


Review
Ben Nye Final Seal comes in 4 sizes the smallest size is 1 fl.oz, 2 fl.oz, 8 fl.oz, 16 fl.oz. I bought the 2 fl.oz which is 59 ml. It says on the Studio F/X website to expect 20 to 50 applications per ounce. "Final Seal provides a waterproof, matte top coat for most types of make-up," is what it says on the Ben Nye bottle. I was very impressed with this product you only need 1 to 2 sprays hold the bottle 8 to 10 inches from face and spray. Your to spray lightly which is why I recommend only 1 to 2 sprays of this product because it does say on the bottle to "avoid saturation" or you can spray once and wait for the product to dry then spray again if you feel you need too. This setting spray really did a good job at keeping my face matte. At the end of the day my face didn't look or feel too oily. The only place I did have a bit of shine was on my nose. I used my Eden primer from Urban Decay on one of the days I was testing Final Seal because for me Urban Decay's primer in Eden always creases. Ben Nye Final Seal did a good job at keeping my eye make-up in place for a good part of my day, however my eye make-up did crease by the end of my day but it lasted a lot longer than it does when I didn't use Final Seal. Overall I really like this setting spray, it also does have a strong minty smell to it which doesn't last once the spray dries.


Price
It's hard to find a place that would ship Ben Nye liquid products to Canada. The online store I purchased Ben Nye Banana Powder only ships Ben Nye liquid products within the US, but I did find two Canadian site that carries Ben Nye. One which is the company I purchased Final Seal from at IMATS called Kind of Magic and the other company I found was Studio F/X. Kind of Magic only sells 2 sizes and Studio FX sells all 4 sizes.

Kind Of Magic 
Ben Nye Final Seal 1 fl.oz $7.95 CAD
Ben Nye Final Seal 2 fl.oz $11.95 CAD

Studio F/X
Ben Nye Final Seal 1 fl.oz $8.00 CAD
Ben Nye Final Seal 2 fl.oz $11.00 CAD
Ben Nye Final Seal 8 fl.oz $21.00 CAD
Ben Nye Final Seal 16 fl.oz $36.00 CAD


Overall
*Kept face matte for the most part except nose
*Not expensive
*Comes in 4 sizes
*Use lightly avoid saturation  
 *Expect 20 to 50 applications per ounce



Have you tried Ben Nye Final Seal?


BLOGLOVIN|INSTAGRAM|TWITTER
   

19 comments:

  1. This looks like a very interesting product for me. I'm always on the hunt to control my oily skin. Great review!

    Christal
    LipstickAndPonytails

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Hard to find something affordable and functional nowadays. I don't use hair products much, but will look out for this one from now on. Have a nice day.
    Beauty Fashion Skin Care Blog -Girlie Blog Seattle | Casual Chic Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use an urban decay setting spray but this sounds great!
    The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried any products from ben nye, but I really want to try this and the banana powder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The banana powder is great, I want to try ben nye glitters next :)

      Delete
  5. Ive never heard of this before! Thanks for writing a post on this. I want to try it out

    http://ncolesnotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I´ve never tried their setting spray...but I like the company so I believe I could be good...

    http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like it's worth a shot, although I can't find it here in the UK :-(

    Sharlotte xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sad maybe you can find an american or Canadian site that will ship to the UK

      Delete
  8. I've never used anything from ben nye but all I hear is amazing things!

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So jealous you get to go to IMATS! They dont come close to me ;( But I do like the idea of this setting spray having a bit of a minty smell! Sounds fresh, most setting sprays dont have an aroma.

    katiechamel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow such a lovely post! great job x

    I have an ongoing giveaway on my blog, please join! :) xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.com)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't have this one atm, I have the Liqui Set. I wanted this one, but the vendor had said if I was using it for the eye area, it would be better. But Final Seal does set everything long than Liquiset for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. For me I like the minty kind of smell it has but you can feel that it is a strong smelling product, if you get it I hope it works for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. really nice site about beauty and i liked your site very much

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you guys have too say, so please leave your comments but please refrain from follow for follow comments thanks you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...